Cabbage Stir Fry is straightforward to make and tremendous tasty as a meal or a facet dish!
This straightforward recipe is filled with all the good things! Candy cabbage and carrots, ramen noodles (non-compulsory!), and contemporary garlic and ginger are all sautéed collectively to make a wholesome dish that goes from the stovetop to the desk in minutes!
A Colourful Cabbage Stir Fry
- Wholesome and scrumptious, cabbage is each cheap and attractive!
- This dish takes simply minutes to make and tastes nice making it excellent for weeknight meals.
- Stir-fries are reasonably priced, filling, and wholesome.
- The entire household will love how versatile this dish is, swap up the elements for a brand new entrée each time.
- Save time and use a bag or two of pre-packaged slaw that comes with shredded carrots, and infrequently shredded spinach, brussels sprouts, or kale!
What’s in Cabbage Stir Fry
CABBAGE: Common cabbage AKA, ‘cannonball’ stays agency whereas it absorbs the juicy sauce on this recipe. Shredded Napa, purple cabbage, and Savoy will all work on this recipe. Use a mix of cabbages for a colourful dish! FUN FACT: Cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, kale, and Bok Choy are additionally members of the cabbage household and can be utilized as properly!
MEAT: Hold the vegetarian vibe going and add tofu, seitan, or some scrambled eggs for a protein enhance. Floor beef or pork sausage, shredded rooster, shrimp, and bacon crumbles will certainly make cabbage stir fry a heartier important dish meal!
NOODLES: Ramen is economical, straightforward to search out, and even simpler to organize! Soba, udon, rice noodles, and egg noodles are different choices. For a keto dish, use ‘zoodles’ (zucchini), palmini (hearts of palm), or shirataki noodles.
VEGETABLES: Except for colour carrots on this recipe, add a bag of frozen veggies like inexperienced beans with peas and pearl onions, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, child corn, or water chestnuts. The sky’s the restrict!
SAUCE: Do-it-yourself sauce might be made as candy or spicy as you want! Use this home made teriyaki recipe as a cabbage stir fry sauce, a marinade, or a glaze!
Swap It Up!
The fundamentals are cabbage, contemporary seasonings, and a savory sauce with an ‘umami’ taste profile. After that, add in any meats, veggies, or noodles that you simply like. This can be a nice recipe for utilizing up leftover meats and veggies, too!
Make Cabbage Stir Fry
This straightforward to make dish is simplicity itself:
- Whisk the sauce elements in a small bowl and put aside (per the recipe beneath).
- Cook dinner ramen noodles as directed on the package deal, reserving 1/3 of the cooking water.
- Cook dinner sliced cabbage and carrots with garlic and ginger till tender.
- Add sauce and ramen and cook dinner till bubbly and heated by.
Take away from warmth and garnish with sliced inexperienced onions and non-compulsory sesame seeds.
PRO TIP: Reduce inexperienced onions diagonally for a restaurant-worthy plate presentation!
Storing Stir Fry
Hold garlic cabbage stir fry in a coated container within the fridge for about 4 days. Serve chilly or reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop. Cooked cabbage freezes superbly for as much as 4 weeks!
Higher Than Take-out
Did you make this Cabbage Stir Fry? You should definitely go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Garlic Cabbage Stir Fry
Cabbage Stir Fry is a wholesome and flavorful dish that is higher than take-out!
Thinly slice the inexperienced onions separating the white and inexperienced components. Combine the sauce elements in a small bowl and put aside.
In a small pot boil ramen noodles in accordance with package deal instructions. Reserve ⅓ cup of the cooking water. Drain and put aside.
Warmth the vegetable oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic, ginger and the whites of the inexperienced onions. Cook dinner simply till aromatic.
Add the cabbage and carrots and cook dinner till barely tender, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the sauce and a couple of tablespoons of the reserved cooking water or extra as wanted. Stir whereas cooking till the cabbage is tender.
Take away from warmth and garnish with the remaining inexperienced onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle with further hoisin or teriyaki sauce if desired.
- If utilizing bottled teriyaki sauce, guarantee it is one that’s thick (like bbq sauce).
- For a low carb dish, skip the ramen noodles and add further cabbage.
- Cabbage might be changed with coleslaw combine, it is going to cook dinner quicker than cabbage.
- Cooked rooster or shrimp might be added.
Energy: 186, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 8g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 978mg, Potassium: 273mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 2710IU, Vitamin C: 30mg, Calcium: 56mg, Iron: 2mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)
Course Dinner, Entree
Delicacies American, Asian