This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
This Mexican rice is really easy to make! Simmered till tender in broth, salsa, and a mixture of spices provides it a ton of taste, excellent for including to any fiesta.
In case you’ve had Mexican rice at your favourite Mexican restaurant, it may be intimidating making an attempt to recreate it at house! However let me guarantee you that this straightforward Mexican Rice comes collectively rapidly, with no chopping and only a fast simmer on the range. It’s excellent for serving with these rooster fajitas, these steak fajitas, or these salmon fajitas!
Restaurant-style Mexican rice is a cinch to make at house, and when you attempt it you might not wish to return to plain outdated rice on the dinner desk! It’s loaded with taste however with one in all my favourite shortcut components, it’s made utterly with out chopping (which suggests it’s fast to prep as nicely!).
As an alternative of crushed or diced tomatoes like many recipes name for, we’re including salsa as a part of our cooking liquid for a few causes. The salsa provides our rice a ton of taste, far more than if we simply used plain tomatoes. It provides seasoning, spice, tomatoes, peppers and onions in a single cup, and it’s an ingredient most pantries are by no means with out. In case you desire, otherwise you don’t have salsa, you possibly can substitute the salsa for canned diced tomatoes and add in slightly extra spice.
Elements to Make Mexican Rice
These components are easy and also you in all probability have already got most of them at house! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the submit for actual measurements.
- White Rice: I like to make use of lengthy grain white rice on this recipe.
- Hen Broth: Use low sodium rooster broth (or vegetable broth) so as to add taste to the rice.
- Tomato Salsa: Simply grad a jar of this on the retailer to make this straightforward. You possibly can simply make this rice delicate, medium or sizzling relying on the salsa that you just select.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder (scale back the quantity for milder taste), onion powder and black pepper
The best way to Make Mexican Rice
This Mexican rice tastes prefer it’s from a restaurant! You possibly can pair it with nearly any Mexican dish so this may undoubtedly develop into a staple aspect dish in your own home!
- Mix: In a medium skillet, stir collectively rice, broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Simmer: Convey to a simmer over medium-high warmth, then scale back to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring sometimes, till about half of the liquid is absorbed.
- Cowl: Cowl, scale back warmth to medium-low, and simmer till tender, about 8-10 extra minutes, stirring sometimes.
There are just a few methods to vary this recipe up and actually make it yours! Check out just a few of those variations and you’ll determine precisely the way you prefer it.
- Diced greens: In case you desire utilizing diced onions and peppers, you undoubtedly can! Merely saute in your skillet with a little bit of oil till softened earlier than including your remaining components.
- Add some warmth: For a spicy Mexican rice, use sizzling salsa or add a spoonful of Sriracha or sizzling sauce.
- Add protein: For a full meal deal, stir in some pre-cooked floor beef or shredded rooster.
- Bought leftovers? Use it in tacos, burritos, or stir it into soup for much more taste.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
In case you have some additional Mexican rice, you’ll be glad to know that this rice tastes simply pretty much as good the subsequent day! Cook dinner up some additional and you’ll add it to your lunch. As soon as the rice has cooled then you possibly can retailer it in an hermetic container in your fridge. Reheat it on excessive in your microwave for a couple of minute or till it’s heated via.
In a medium skillet, stir collectively rice, broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, onion powder and pepper.
Convey to a simmer over medium-high warmth, then scale back to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring sometimes, till about half of the liquid is absorbed.
Cowl, scale back warmth to medium-low, and simmer till tender, about 8-10 extra minutes, stirring sometimes.
Up to date on Might 19, 2022
Energy210kcal (11%)Carbohydrates43g (14%)Protein7g (14%)Fats1g (2%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats1gSodium760mg (32%)Potassium338mg (10%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A390IU (8%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium40mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.