This Dijon Salmon and Potatoes roast within the oven till the fish is juicy and flaky and the potatoes are mushy and buttery. It’s a meal with easy pantry substances, but flavorful and spectacular!
Roasted Salmon and Potatoes
This sheet pan salmon dish is straight from the “fast and straightforward” folder of my recipes. This straightforward, wholesome, and scrumptious dinner is nice for busy weeknights or particular meals. The Dijon and lemon juice hold the salmon juicy and add a ton of taste. The roasted petite potatoes add texture and taste to this Spring dish.
Potatoes might not be the primary vegetable you consider relating to pairing with salmon. Normally, asparagus takes that place. However not right here. Buttery gold child potatoes are sliced in half and tossed with oil, then roasted till virtually accomplished. You possibly can play right here with baking time. Improve it in order for you the potatoes extra crispy.
- salmon: I used wild-caught coho salmon from Sitka Salmon Shares
- potatoes: I used gold petite potatoes
- oil: I used grapeseed, however olive oil can be utilized too
- Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
How one can make baked salmon with potatoes?
- Begin by washing potatoes. Slice every one in half and place in a bowl.
- Toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper.
- Organize potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for quarter-hour in preheated oven.
- Combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and butter in a bowl.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and brush with Dijon combination.
- Add salmon to potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
What different greens pair properly with salmon?
Different greens that go properly with salmon (or different fish for that matter) embrace asparagus, broccoli, inexperienced beans, zucchini, and so on. If you’d like a recent vegetable salad, a creamy cucumber salad with dill is a good selection.
What salmon ought to I exploit?
For this recipe, I used a wild-caught coho salmon fillet, which I reduce into two items. Every is about 2″ vast. It’s a very pink and meaty salmon. Wild salmon is healthier than Atlantic salmon (the latter one is farmed, raised in crowded pens). Different nice decisions are sockeye, the king, or chinook. You’ll find firms that work with fishermen in Alaska and promote seafood subscription packing containers, that supply premium salmon caught within the wild.
What potatoes are greatest for this dish?
I used petite gold potatoes as a result of they’re buttery, creamy, and prepare dinner shortly. I believe they complement the salmon rather well. Yukon gold are among the greatest potatoes for roasting.
Storing leftovers and reheating:
Any leftovers needs to be saved in a container with a lid, within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To reheat cooked salmon, go gradual and low. Preheat your oven to 275 levels F and warmth up the salmon for about quarter-hour or till the inner temperature reaches a minimum of 125 levels F.
Extra seafood recipes:
For extra recipes like this one, be at liberty to browse our Dinner class.
Should you like this recipe and make it, snap a photograph and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can test it out and go away a remark!
Roasted Dijon Salmon and Potatoes
This Dijon Salmon and Potatoes roast within the oven till the fish is juicy and flaky and the potatoes are mushy and buttery. It is a meal with easy pantry substances, but flavorful and spectacular!
- 2 salmon fillets about 6 oz every
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb gold petite potatoes
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Take away salmon from the fridge and let stand in room temperature whilst you put together the potatoes.
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a big baking sheet with non-bleached parchment paper.
Wash potatoes and slice every one in half. Place all in a bowl.
Toss potatoes with oil and salt and pepper.
Organize potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for quarter-hour in preheated oven.
Within the meantime, combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, minced garlic, butter and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Push the potatoes to the perimeters of the baking sheet and place salmon fillets within the center.
Brush the Dijon combination over salmon. Any leftover might be poured over the potatoes.
Place the sheet pan again within the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes OR till the salmon reaches 145 levels Fahrenheit. Don’t overcook.
Take away from oven, plate and serve.
- To reheat cooked salmon: preheat your oven to 275 levels F and warmth up the salmon for about quarter-hour or till the inner temperature reaches a minimum of 125 levels F.
- You possibly can add asparagus, broccoli, inexperienced beans or zucchini to this dish as properly.
- I like to recommend wild-caught salmon for this dish.
- Please be aware, that the diet worth can range relying on what product you utilize. The knowledge under is an estimate. At all times use calorie counter you might be accustomed to.
Energy: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 39g | Fats: 30g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 10g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 124mg | Potassium: 1840mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg