This merely seasoned rice recipe that has nice taste and pairs with virtually any meal!
This foolproof recipe ensures each grain is infused with plenty of savory taste, it’s so significantly better than packaged rice and doesn’t take for much longer!
An Straightforward Rice Aspect Dish
I’d must say rice is certainly one of my favourite facet dishes, no matter the way it’s ready. We particularly love this rice recipe as a result of it’s versatile and this primary recipe pairs effectively with virtually any delicacies and even simply grilled meats or baked hen.
- Rice is a budget-friendly facet dish, good for a giant household or to feed a crowd.
- It makes use of a handful of components you probably have readily available.
- We love that we all know precisely what’s on this do-it-yourself model and may management the components.
- Home made seasoned rice is so versatile. Follow this straightforward recipe or make your individual creation!
Components & Variations
RICE: One cup of raw white rice will yield 3 cups of cooked. Brown rice, wild rice, basmati, or jasmine rice will all work on this recipe, cooking time and liquid might should be altered.
SEASONINGS: Rice absorbs the flavors of something it’s cooked with and the recipe beneath consists of our favourite rice seasoning! A little bit of soy sauce provides salt whereas Worcestershire provides nice taste.
Experiment exterior the field and check out do-it-yourself lemon pepper seasoning, Greek seasoning, or add in recent herbs proper earlier than serving! Attempt garlic powder, paprika, thyme or oregano. Stir in finely chopped greens like celery, carrots or bell pepper for added shade and taste.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with sauces and dressings, both!
The way to Season Rice
Seasoned rice tastes greatest when the seasoning is cooked into the grains as an alternative of blended with them.
- Prepare dinner the rice in a little bit little bit of butter till barely browned. Add onion & garlic, prepare dinner till softened.
- Add remaining components, cowl, & prepare dinner (per recipe beneath).
- Take away from warmth & let rice relaxation for about 5 minutes.
As soon as the rice has cooked and rested, gently fluff up the grains with a fork. Season with extra salt & pepper to style.
Suggestions for Completely Seasoned Rice
- Evenly browning the rice earlier than cooking provides taste (and likewise helps preserve the grains separated).
- Hold the lid on the rice whereas the rice is simmering and resting to maintain the steam in (this helps it to prepare dinner and avoids it getting sticky).
- The recipe beneath is for lengthy grain white rice. In case you use a special number of rice, cooking time (and the liquid ratio) might change. In case you’re unsure, examine the bundle of rice for this data.
- Double the batch and freeze half for a ready-to-eat facet dish when time is tight!
- Hold leftover rice in an hermetic container within the fridge or retailer within the freezer.
Extra Rice Favorites
Did your loved ones love this Seasoned Rice? Be sure you depart a score and a remark beneath!
With savory taste in each chunk, this Seasoned Rice is a straightforward go-to recipe the entire household will love!
Place rice and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan with a lid. Warmth over medium excessive warmth till the rice begins to barely brown.
Add onion and garlic, prepare dinner 2-3 minutes or till barely softened.
Add remaining components (besides butter) and stir. Deliver to a boil over medium-high warmth, cowl, and cut back warmth to a simmer.
Prepare dinner 20 minutes, don’t open the lid.
Take away from the warmth (with out opening the lid) and let relaxation 5 minutes.
Open the lid, add the remaining butter, and stir. Fluff with a fork, style, and season with extra salt & pepper if desired.
Don’t open the lid to ‘peek’ or the rice will not steam correctly.
If desired, add extra recent herbs, diced bell pepper, or fried mushrooms.
The seasonings can be utilized with any sort of rice, the ratio of rice to liquid and the cooking time might should be adjusted.
Energy: 121, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 2g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 1004mg, Potassium: 89mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 179IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg
(Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Aspect Dish