Who doesn’t have fond childhood reminiscences of being served a traditional Shirley Temple Drink on a enjoyable night time out with the household?
Candy grenadine blended with orange juice & Sprite is served over ice in a tall, skinny glass, with a maraschino cherry or two bobbing on the highest! Being a child by no means felt so grown-up!
What’s a Shirley Temple Drink?
I can keep in mind as a child how particular it was to get a Shirley Temple at dinner after we went out! Such an awesome deal with.
- Named after the well-known actress and baby star of the Thirties, a lodge bartender created a mocktail only for her as she dined along with her dad and mom. At this time, it’s nonetheless a well-liked drink served to youngsters on particular events!
- Double or triple the recipe and pour Shirley Temples from a glass pitcher at Christmas events (or fill a punch bowl should you’d like).
- Preserve the non-alcoholic drink (‘clear model’) as is or add a jigger or two of vodka or rum for grown-up “Soiled Shirley Temple”. Let company garnish their very own.
- This Shirley Temple drink recipe may be made right into a ‘Roy Rogers’, merely swap out the ginger ale for coca cola (Coke) or grape juice.
Substances & Variations
GRENADINE: The opposite elements could differ a bit, however grenadine, a pomegranate syrup, is the candy and colourful star of the present! No grenadine? No drawback! Substitute a number of the maraschino cherry juice or combine selfmade grenadine by combining 1/4 cup pomegranate juice with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
MIXERS: Select any carbonated mixer like ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, 7up, or Sprite, plus a splash of orange or pineapple juice. Elective additions embrace a splash of contemporary lime juice or lemon juice.
GARNISHES: Fancy drinks want colourful decorations! Thinly sliced orange slices and maraschino cherries (with stems if you’ll find them!) are the unique touches for Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers drink! Lime wedges or just a few frozen berries are additionally enjoyable to make use of!
Find out how to Make a Shirley Temple
This colourful drink is tremendous simple to make:
- Place ice in a small glass and fill with ginger ale or 7-Up.
- Add grenadine syrup and non-obligatory orange juice. Stir and serve.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and an orange slice. Serve with a colourful straw!
Suggestions for the Greatest Mocktail (or Cocktail!)
- It’s simple to make selfmade mocktails! Chill glasses and all elements earlier than making drinks (together with alcohol).
- Use crushed ice as an alternative of bigger ice cubes for a extra festive look.
- Make a DIY Shirley Temple station and let everybody make their very own!
Be the Bartender!
Did you make this Shirley Temple recipe? Make sure to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
This brilliant & fruity Shirley Temple is all the time a favourite. Children and adults alike love this candy mocktail!
Observe Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Energy: 182, Carbohydrates: 46g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 1g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Sodium: 31mg, Potassium: 67mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 39g, Vitamin A: 57IU, Vitamin C: 14mg, Calcium: 9mg, Iron: 1mg
(Diet data offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)
Course Beverage, Drink